A healthy life, a healthy you.

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Fast Foods







Let’s talk about food first. I believe that most teenagers like to eat fast food, like McDonald’s. After such a set meal, do you feel bloated and lazy? Fast food causes weight gain and brings acne. Actually, the results caused by fast food are more than these.



According to statistics, trans fats and saturated fats found in fast foods contribute to heart disease. This is a severe problem. Saturated fats raise the level of total cholesterol, while trans fats increase not only the level of total cholesterol but also consume good high density lipoprotein cholesterol, which is supposed to remove harmful cholesterol from arteries and transport them to the liver. Hence, another severe problem appears: liver damage. The liver needs to break down the fats for energy. However the liver is not able to catch up with the high fat levels of the fast foods. So the fats infiltrate the liver finally and damage the liver.
The consequences of eating too much fast for are not just health problems. Something else is related to bad eating habits: you appearance. Next we talk about the skin problem that affects many teenagers—Pimples.


References: 
1. http://janicewhite.hubpages.com/hub/why-fast-food-is-bad-for-you
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_fat
3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturated_fat
4. http://www.fitness-equipment-health.com/fast_food_and_heart_disease.html
5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-density_lipoprotein
6. http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/nutrition/cholesterol/overview.html
7. http://www.diet-blog.com/08/do_fast_food_binges_lead_to_liver_damage.php


9 comments:

  1. Hey Bao Fu! This is really an informative read! I do agree with you that after a meal at a fast food restaurant, I do feel uncomfortable and unhealthy! I will make sure to consume more vegetables and fruits in the future! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! Let’s be healthy together. :D That’s why I do not eat McDonald’s at school. Sometimes, I cannot say no to fast foods, either. But in the long term, we are eating our “healthy body”.

      Delete
  2. Unhealthy food is really a big problem and obesity is another factor that is roaming the world. But i feel that your blog has given me a form of acknowledgement to my eating habits. -Harmeet-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Harmeet, Thank you for your support. So are you going to change your eating habits into a healthy one from now on? 

      Delete
  3. I agree that teenagers nowadays crazy about fast food because I am also one of them! Thanks for your information about how unhealthy fast food can be, from now onwards I will start to change my eating habits. Your blog actually enlighten me, I will start to stock up fruits and vegetables to have a healthy lifestyles:) -Hayden-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) Hey, Hayden.You are crazy about fast food? :D Then you must be very sad to say goodbye to them. The good thing is that you have realized how bad it is to eat too much fast food, so that you are willing to keep a healthy eating habits, which is the purpose of my blogs.

      Delete
    2. Yup, I almost thrice a week sometimes worse. But from now onward going to replace fast food with fruits and vegetables:)

      Delete
  4. Hey BaoFu, it's true that fast food is very harmful to our body. i'm sure you had read my blog and i kind of like fast food but after reading your post, i will try to eat more fruits and vegetables instead of eating fast food. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :D Thank you for your support and I still like your blogs even though I prefer healthy life.

      Delete